Schivo’s customer wanted a full turn key solution that would offer them machining, assembly and supply chain management. They were looking for a partner who could implement a manufacturing strategy for micro components, electromechanical assembly, full product electrical and functional test as well as packaging to ship for end use. The final device assembly entailed 6 variants 3 cautery and 3 non cautery.
Schivo faced a number of challenges:
- Complex geometries and micromachining of the subcomponents
- Aggressive cost targets: customer was looking for 38% reduction on instrument cost
- Consolidation of a complex global supply chain.
- Schivo achieved a 33% reduction on manufacturing and material costs. This will reduce further with volume, there is a plan in place to further reduce costs based on forecasted volumes.
- Schivo completed the full process validation on all machining and assembly activities.
Materials & processes that were used:
- Stainless steel
- Micro Machining
- Electromechanical Assembly
Schivo have 20 years experience in providing manufacturing solutions to Fortune 500 medical device and life science companies. They provide manufacturing solutions for surgical implants and instruments, minimally invasive access & delivery systems, electrosurgical devices and analytical instruments.
Choose from their in-house capabilities of precision machining, additive manufacturing, coatings, fabrication and electromechanical assembly.
From prototyping, design for manufacturing, manufacturing transfers, product ramp to full product build test and ship, Schivo can support your product.
Schivo’s quality policy is designed to ensure consistent high quality compliance at every stage of the product lifecycle. They are ISO 13485 certified and operate the Lean SC21 operations program.
If you have a device, instrument or sub component that you would like to build or develop, please contact us and find out how Schivo might be just the right partner to offer you the best solutions!
Update: MER does not represent this company anymore. However, if you are interested in the mentioned capabilities – please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be pleased to refer you.