MER-Europe has worked with Silicones over the last 12 years and built up expertise in supplier capabilities and specific product applications. Where needed the excellent technical resources and know-how from our suppliers can be utilized.
Besides single lumen Silicone tubing, there are several Special extrusions available:
- Geo-Trans® Extrusion Technology – transitional extrusion capable of changing profile, number of lumina , durometer on the fly.
- Sponge extrusions ( in silicone)
- Coil reinforced extrusions (in silicone with Nylon reinforcement)
Through their outstanding technology & processes, our partner is able to exceed published tolerances. Also, they can fabricate to your custom specifications.
- Liquid Injection Molding (LIM)
- Transfer Molding
- Compression Molding
- Insert molding
- Over molding
SILICONE DIP COATING
MER-Europe provides the possibility to apply layers of silicone to protect your parts. From a few thousandths of an inch and a wide variety of silicone materials.
There are numereous applications thinkable for silicone sheets. Whether you want to use it as a cover for sealing gaskets or apply it for wound protection and preventing scars – we can provide the whole range:
- Reinforced or non-reinforced
- Vulcanized sheeting: thicknesses ranging from 0.002″ to 0.100″.
- Anti-microbial sheeting.
- Unvulcanized sheeting: thicknesses ranging from 0.005″ to 0.080″.
- Pigmentation, reinforcement and radiopacity
- Typical silicone gel sheeting
- Knifecoated micro-film: micro thin silicone membrane in thicknesses as thin as 0.001″. Tolerances: +/-0.0005″ and up to 12.5″ wide. This product is supplied with a protective covering on both sides.
COMBINATION PRODUCTS (Drug-Eluting Products)
A combination product is combining a drug and a medical device, where the drug is an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API). Silicone is an excellent Biostable material and offers great possibilities to deliver different types of API’s.
Major advantages are:
- Targeted delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Targeted delivery allows higher doses to be delivered with reduced side effects.
- Therapeutic activity of the drug can be maintained within a narrow steady-state range.
- Patient compliance issues are nearly eliminated.
Contact MER-Europe and find out more! We are dedicated to provide quick answers and high quality engineering solutions.
Manufacturers Representatives | Technical Link | Engineering Solutions & Support