During this process, an assist gas is used to irradiate and remove material. Resonetics has a range of laser tools including gas (CO2 and Excimer) and solid state (micro second and femto second) to cut metals and polymers.
Laser cutting is best applied to applications where:
- Geometrical features required are very small
- Geometrical requirements are complex and need to be applied over the length of a component or implant
- Catheter (-parts) require custom properties based on the vascular path:
- Radius of curvature
- Transference of torque
- Tensile strength
- Variety in stiffness
Resonetics can meet the following specifications in laser cutting:
Features as small as 25 um +/-5 um
Materials: polymers and metals including include flat sheets, tubing & catheters:
- The size of flat sheet can be max. 30,5 x 30,5 cm, thickness of 0.10 – 1.00 mm.
- Wire, tubing and catheters (including multi lumen): minimum diameter 0.10 mm, length 200 cm.
Special laser cutting processes that are offered by Resonetics are Bioresorbable Stent Cutting and Custom Flexible Catheter Hypotube Design.