SILICONE CONSULTING, LLC
Providing proven expertise in Material Selection, Process Optimization and Silicone Drug-Device Design
Silicone Consulting provides expertise to both the medical device and pharmaceutical industries on topics including:
- Silicone Elastomer
- Gel and Fluid Chemistry
- Material Selection
- Process Optimization
- Drug-Device Design & Testing
Silicone Consulting strives in doing the following things exceptionally well:
- Provide medical device companies with the most current and complete database of silicone materials. Only this type of survey can insure that the most appropriate material is identified for each application. Material selection is simply too important not to get it right the first time.
- Evaluate, develop and implement manufacturing processes that insure maximum efficiency and lowest costs.
- Assist device companies in understanding and managing the inherent variability of silicone raw materials. This variability can have significant effects on both processability and the performance of silicone components.
- Promote and develop combination products which benefit from silicone’s unique drug eluting properties. These combination products, bioactive agents encapsulated in a silicone matrix, represent an exciting new class of therapy delivery. Silicone elastomers and gels will play an increasingly important role in the research and commercialization of combination products.
Biography Mark Paulsen
Mark Paulsen is President and Founder of Silicone Consulting, LLC. He has held key positions within various sectors of the silicone medical device industry including raw material manufacturing (NuSil Technology, Director Healthcare Materials, 1992-2007) and component fabrication (SSF, Director Business Development, 2008-2013). Paulsen consults widely within the medical device and pharmaceutical industries on topics such as silicone chemistry, material selection, process optimization, and drug-device design and testing. Paulsen holds three patents for the development of a novel silicone elastomer used as insulation on cardiac and neurological stimulation devices. In 2004 he was recognized as one of the Top 100 Notable People in the Medical Device Industry. Paulsen attended Harvard University where he studied Chemistry and currently resides in Santa Barbara, California.