By irradiating a solid material with a laser beam you can remove material selectively. This process is called Laser Ablation.
Resonetics has different solutions to ablate metal, glass and polymers.
Examples of ablation:
- Stripping of wire & braided cable
- Surface texturing
- Taper and Channel machining
- Removal of coatings
- 3D ablation
Resonetics’ ablation capabilities include:
- Creating features as small as to 1-5 micron
- Processing many different materials – polymers, dielectrics, metals, ceramics, and glasses
- Processing different material configurations: flat sheets, wire, tubing and catheters:
- Flat sheet size can be max. 30,5 x 30,5 cm, thickness of 0.10 – 1.00 mm.
- Wire, tubing and catheters (including multi lumen): minimum diameter 0.05 mm, length 0.10 – 200 cm.